- The Sully District Council will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 22 February in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
The following associations have joined/renewed their memberships in the SDC in 2011:
- The January 2012 Sully District Council meeting minutes are posted online.
- Membership Presentations: Fairfax County Public School FY 2013 Budget
The Fairfax County Public School staff and School Board representatives will presentation the FY 2013 school budget
- Land Use and Transportation presentations:
- Old Business
- New Business
- Items of General Interest:
- Scheduled Meetings/Activities:
- A Tier 1 Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is being developed by the Virginia Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration and the Virginia Department of Rail
and Public Transportation to study potential multimodal improvements that will address
existing and future transportation needs in the Interstate 66 corridor from U.S. Route 15 in
Prince William County to Interstate 495 in Fairfax County.
- The meetings are intended to gather additional public input to further define the
transportation problems in the corridor and refine the purpose and need for the study.
- Tuesday, January 31st, 5:00 to 8:00 pm, Four Points Sheraton, 10800 Vandor Lane, Manassas, VA 20109
- Thursday, February 2nd, 5:00 to 8:00 pm, VDOT Northern Virginia District Office, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
- Should cancellation be necessary due to inclement weather, meetings will be held February 13th & 15th.
- The preliminary purpose and need is based on input received at public meetings held last June,
transit and traffic data from various sources and other information about the existing
- For those unable to attend, we invite you to visit the VDOT I-66 Tier 1 EIS webpage, found at
www.helpfix66.com, for further details and project updates. Additionally, please email
comments to the study team’s leadership (reference “I-66 Tier 1 EIS: Public Comments” in your
subject line): CG.Collins@VDOT.Virginia.gov or Stephen.C.Walter@Parsons.com
- Next Membership Meeting:
- Scheduled for 28 March 2012 - County Budget
- Land Use and Transportation presentations will be scheduled as required
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council