Fairfax Connector is proposing changes to Reston Internal Bus System (RIBS) service, routes 928 and 937 in Herndon, and Tysons circulator and Express Lanes routes in response to changing travel patterns and ridership since the start of Silver Line Metrorail service. The proposed changes, to take place in Spring 2015, aim to improve on-time performance, enhance connectivity, and provide more direct service for the majority of passengers.
Highlights of the proposed changes include:
- Schedule adjustments to RIBS 1 and RIBS 3 service to improve on-time performance;
- Route and schedule adjustments to RIBS 2, RIBS 4, RIBS 5, and routes 928 and 937 to provide new and more direct connections in Herndon and Reston;
- Route and schedule adjustments to Tysons Circulator routes 422, 423,
and 424 to provide more direct connections and bi-directional service
to the majority of passengers connecting with the Silver Line
- Combining routes 493 and 494, with service proposed to operate between Lorton, Saratoga, Springfield, and Tysons via the 95 and 495 Express Lanes.
Routes affected by the proposed changes are 422, 423, 424, 493, 494,
495, 551, 928, 937, RIBS 1, RIBS 2, RIBS 3, RIBS 4, and RIBS 5. View details by route.
Fairfax Connector will host two public meetings to explain the proposed changes and gather feedback from the public:
- Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015; 6 - 8 p.m.; presentation at 7 p.m.
Lake Anne Community Center: JoAnn Rose Gallery
1609-A Washington Plaza, Reston, VA 20190
Transit access: Fairfax Connector 574, RIBS 1, RIBS 3
- Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015; 6 - 8 p.m.; presentation at 7 p.m.
Freedom Hill Elementary School Cafeteria
1945 Lord Fairfax Road, Vienna, VA 22182
Transit access: Fairfax Connector 401, 402, 462, 463
Public comment will be accepted until 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 6, 2015. To comment on the proposed service changes, or for more information, riders can also:
For more information about this news item contact Anna Nissinen, Public Information Officer, Fairfax County Department of Transportation at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.