- Note - this meeting is the third Wednesday of the month, not the fourth:
- The Sully District Council Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 21 August 2013 in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us in 2013?
- The July 2013 Sully District Council meeting minutes are posted online.
- The Sully District Council now has a twitter presence at @sullydistrict and for transportation issues @sullyTAC. Please follow us!
- No Membership Presentation until September
- Land Use and Transportation will be scheduled as required:
- 7:00 - A Plus Sunoco gas station
- Proponent: Sara V. Mariska, Esq., Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley, Emrich & Walsh, P.C.
- Action: Proffer Condition Amendment/Special Exception Amendment (PCA 88-S-026-03 and SEA 88-S-077-06)
- Location: Sunoco at the intersection of Willard Road and Daly Drive
Proponent: Sara V. Mariska, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley, Emrich & Walsh, P.C. Ms. Mariska, representing the gas station on Daly Drive and Willard Road near the Expo Center, said the station would like to rearrange the car wash facilities and increase the number of fueling bays from six to 10.
This was briefed to the council at our July 2013 meeting, see the minutes posted online. At that time the council did not object to the proposal, with the provision that alcohol not be sold in the gas station mini mart.
The proposed design has been refined and is being shown tonight prior to Planning Commission review
- Proponent: Evan Pritchard | Walsh, Colucci , Lubeley , Emrich & Walsh, P.C
- Action: Special Exception Amendment (SEA) by the Girl Scouts for improvements at Camp Crowell
- Location: Camp Crowell, 10900 Vale Road and other addresses in Navy-Vale
This was briefed to the council at our May 2013 meeting, see the minutes posted online
The proposed Resource Center location is basically at the back of the drive where the drive begins to turn. The Girl Scouts took some pictures of a tarp placed in the proposed location to give the neighbors a sense of how it will be seen from Justin Knoll.
Since that night, the Girl Scouts, after meeting with the Camp's neighbors, reconfigured their original presentation.
The neighbors have provided the following:
- Old Business
- New Business
- Items of General Interest:
- Developing a Regional Transportation Priorities Plan (RTPP) for the National Capital Region
NEW! Available for Public Comment
- On Wednesday, July 24, 2013, the TPB released for public comment a draft of the Regional Transportation Priorities Plan (RTPP), incorporating the results of the spring 2013 public opinion survey and preliminary feedback from internal stakeholders.
- You can review the draft Plan and provide feedback by visiting www.mwcog.org/transportation/public.
- There you will find a copy of the draft Plan, a link to the online survey tool used to develop the plan, and an electronic form for submitting your comments. The draft Plan and link to the online survey can also be found below.
- Transformation of the Fairfax County Library System
- There have been serious concerns raised about the transformation of the Fairfax County library system from a more traditional library operations to one that seems to be based on digital information.
- The Fairfax Federation has created a special committee to review this issue, including:
- The effects on county residents;
- The changing uses of the library;
- and the financial issues.
- The committee, chaired by Kathy Kaplan from the Reston Citizens Association, will research the issues and prepare a report with recommendations.
- The Federation is soliciting volunteers from the district councils, and others, join this committee. If interested in serving on the Federation committee please send an email to the SUlly District Council Representative to the Federation, our 1st VP, Jeff Parnes
- Scheduled Meetings/Activities:
- Next Membership Meeting:
- Next Membership meeting scheduled for 25 September 2013
- Fifth Bi-Annual Legislative Candidates night, jointly Sponsored with the League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area (LWVFA)
Each House of Delegates candidate will be given time for a five-minute opening statement (order to be determined by the drawing of numbers from a hat at the start of the proceedings, with the opposing candidate of the same district immediately following) with a general question and answer period ending at 9:30 PM or until the last question is answered (which ever comes first).
Those candidates who can not attend can have a proxy make their opening statement for them if identified before hand by name in writing, but their proxy will not be able to participate in the Q & A portion of the evening.
- 36th District (Difficult Run Precinct)
- (R) - Regrets
- Ken Plum (D) -
- 37th House District (Multiple Precincts)
- 40th District (Multiple Precincts)
- Tim Hugo (R) - Will attend
- 67th District (Multiple Precincts)
- Hung Nguyen (D) - Will attend
- Jim LeMunyon (R) - - Will attend
- 86th District (Multiple Precincts)
- Land Use and Transportation Committee will be held if necessary
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council