Agenda for 25 April 2007 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council will meet at 7:00 p.m. in the Sully District Governmental Center meeting room 1, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Notes of the the 28 March 2007 Sully District Council meeting are available on our website.
- Transportation Report with VDOT And FDOT Representatives
Transportation improvements in the Sully District.
- Susan Shaw, VDOT and
- Jane Rosenbaum, Fairfax County DOT
- Land Use and Transportation
This is a follow-up presentation to the original made in Jan 2007
- Proponent: Jill Switkin, Esq. Associate, Cooley Godward Kronish LLP representing Commonwealth Centre Investors, LLC
- Action: The Development will include a combination of office, two nationally known and branded hotels, as well as support
retail comprising +/-80,000 square feet intended to serve the needs of the area's businesses and employees. Furthermore, the Development
will incorporate stormwater management measures and best management practices, low-impact development designs and materials, and
environmentally sensitive streetscape and landscaping. In sum, the Commonwealth Centre will be a pedestrian and environment-friendly, commercial
mixed-use development that caters to the market demands of Westfields.
- Location: Develop the Commonwealth Centre, generally bounded on the east by Westfields Boulevard/Route 662, on the west by
Sully Road/Route 28 and on the south by the intersection of Westfields Boulevard and Sully Road and located in the heart of
Westfields in Fairfax County, with a commercial mixed-use development.
This briefing discusses Fairfax Water's expansion plans for their West Ox Road site.
- Proponent: Jamie Bain Hedges, P.E, Director, Planning and Engineering Division, for Fairfax Water
- Action: Proposed storage tank
- Location: West Ox Road
Supervisor Frey suggested that they meet to get some additional feedback on their concept for a hotel. Provided here are conceptual/illustrative only materials as no application has been filed as of yet.
- Proponent: Elizabeth A. McKeeby, AICP, Land Use Planner, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley, Emrich & Walsh, P.C. for Mr. Vinay Patel
- Action: Prospective Special Exception to permit a hotel use on the vacant land known as 14530 Lee Road
- Location: 14530 Lee Road
- Old Business
- New Business
- Judith Cronauer of the County’s Code Analysis Division would very much appreciate any comments you might have on the draft Guide to Fairfax County Stormwater Regulations (attached documents). If you have comments and/or suggestions, please submit them directly to Ms. Cronauer.
- Please provide feedback regarding the attached document.
- The purpose of the document is to provide an overview of county stormwater requirements for the general public. As part of the feedback, please indicate if the document is written at the appropriate technical level for the general public.
- Any feedback provided would be appreciated. If possible, please provide feedback by April 23, 2007. Feedback can be sent handwritten or provided in an email document. Please feel free to use the "track changes" mode in Word to alter the document.
- If you wish to discuss this request further, please call Judith A. Cronauer, Fairfax County Code Analysis Division, Suite 608, 12055 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035-5503, Telephone 703-324-1808, Fax 703-324-5365
- Scheduled Meetings/Activities:
- Step Right Up and Join us in a wonderful Celebration of our Earth on April 28th from 11-4PM
- Volunteers are needed to set up and man booths all or part time. Please RSVP to Rose Purple
- Lots of Fun and Finally Sun. The Earth Day/Arbor Day Celebration is held annually at the Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale Campus. It is sponsored by Fairfax County, DPWES, Clean Fairfax Council, Northern Virginia Community College, and members of the Earth Day/Arbor Day Committee. We are proud that this event is held right here in our Annandale backyard. This is a very popular event. In fact, last year there were more than 12,000 participants who came to learn more about our environment and how to protect it. Plus, all exhibits, activities, and are free to the public.
- Northern Virginia Community College, Annandale Campus, 8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003-3796
- 26th Green Breakfast on May 5th from 8:30-10:00 AM Green Breakfast -- same time, same place, new topic.
- Program: The Chesapeake Bay - Getting Better or Worse?
- Where: Old Country Buffet Fair City Mall - Route 236 (Main Street) and Pickett Road in Fairfax City - next to Cinema Arts Theatre
- Speakers: Supervisor Penny Gross (Mason District) and Dr. Judy Okay, Chesapeake Bay Program
- Supervisor Penny Gross has become closely linked to "all things Chesapeake Bay." She served as the sole local government official on the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Blue Ribbon Finance Panel (after which she spoke at a Green Breakfast) and is presently serving on, and chairing, the Local Government Advisory Committee for the Chesapeake Bay Program. Supervisor Gross was elected chair of the Potomac Watershed Roundtable in 2003 and re-elected in 2005, a position she currently holds. She also chairs the Fairfax County BOS Environmental Committee.
- Dr. Judy Okay, formerly the Fairfax County representative of the Virginia Forestry Service, is now assigned to the EPA Chesapeake Bay Program in Annapolis as a riparian specialist.
- Cost: About $8.50 Pay the cashier as you arrive. If a senior, ask for the discount. No reservations are necessary.
- Planned for 23 May 2007 Meeting
- Nomination of Council officers for 07/08 Slate with elections in June. If interested in serving in any of the five officer positions, President, 1st Vice President (Fairfax Federation Representative), 2nd Vice President (Membership/Activities), Secretary or Treasurer, please contact the current Council President
- Land Use and Transportation
- Proponent: Keith C. Martin
- Action: Rezoning from PDC to R-8 with a concurrent SE for Independent Living Facility for 200 units in conformance with the recently adopted APR. Also have a concurrent PCA/FDPA to delete the 7 acres from the PDC zoning approved with RZ 1998-SU-009.
- Location: Approx. 7 acres on north side of Rte 50 on Fair Ridge Dr.behind the Hilton Garden Inn
This a update - see the January 07 minutes
- Proponent: Jane Kelsey of Jane Kelsey & Associates, Inc. for the The Montessori School of Fairfax, Inc
- Action: An increase in the number of children from 99 to 150 is being requested as well as another classroom and a multi-purpose room.
- Location: 3411 Lees Corner Road
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Chair, Sully District Council
Land Use and Transportation Committee
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
2006, 2007 ©SDC;
last modified Wednesday, 25 April 2007
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2008 @ Sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes