Agenda for 10 July 2006 Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the Sully District Governmental Center meeting room 1, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151
An article from the 26 May 2006 Chantilly Times describes the proposal in more depth.
- Proponent: Keith Martin is the agent
- Action: An out-of-turn comprehensive plan amendment, So5-III-FC1, would add an option for independent living facility for up to 200 elderly units subject to several guidelines
- Location: The parcel is identified as Tax Map 46-3 ((1)) 14C, and is east of the Dominion Power substation on Rt. 50 and across the street from the Hilton Garden Hotel on Fair Ridge Drive in Fairfax.
- Old Business (8:00):
- S01-CW-17CP - OUT-OF-TURN PLAN AMENDMENT (Transportation Policy Plan Amendments)
- The Mt Vernon Transportation Advisory Commissioner Earl Flanagan indicated that Attachment 4 of the Transportation Policy Plan Amendments had 65 changes in addition to those requested by staff that needed to be made to Area IV Transportation Figures listed in Attachment 4 that are in Mount Vernon District. These changes were found by the members of the MT Vernon District Council who reviewed each segment.
- Members of the SDC who are interested are encouraged to do the same for the Sully section.
- The text of proposed changes to the text are contained in attachment 4 which should be compared to the proposed map.
- At the 10 May 2006 Dulles Area Transportation Authority (DATA) 20th Anniversary Dinner, Governor Tim Kaine announced the authorization of $25 million from the Commonwealth’s Transportation Partnership Opportunity Fund for Phase 3 of Route 28. This investment combined with Route 28 Tax District revenues and other sources will ensure completion of 4 remaining interchanges between Route 7 and I-66. For more information, click here.
- Based on a proposal by the Mt. Vernon District Council the Fairfax Federation is considering recommending parking policies that would allow the county to restrict oversize and commercial vehicle parking within residential areas throughout the county rather than enacting special restrictive districts and having to post notices on each street to indicate that the streets were covered by the restrictions. The results of the Fairfax Federation determinations on this matter will be taken up by the Fairfax Transportation Advisory Commission.
- New Business (8:30):
- Scheduled Meetings:
- Dulles Pipeline Expansion Project Open House
Please join representatives from Colonial Pipeline, Dulles Airport and other members of the project team at an Open House to learn about Colonial’s plan to improve fuel delivery to Dulles International Airport.
- When: Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Franklin Middle School, 3300 Lees Corner Rd, Chantilly, VA 20151
- The Fairfax County Planning Commission's Transit-Oriented Development Committee will hold its next meeting on Thursday, July 6, from 7 to 10 p.m. in Rooms 2/3 of the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax.
The July 6 meeting includes four scheduled guest presenters:
The committee's meeting on Wednesday, July 26, will include a presentation by Nat Bottigheimer, Director, Planning and Project Development, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro). For the times and locations of the July 26 meeting and additional upcoming meetings, visit the committee's Web page, which also provides agendas, resources and presentations, including the Coalition for Smarter Growth's presentation from the June 8 meeting. For more information call the Planning Commission at 703-324-2865, TTY 703-324-7951.
- Patricia Nicoson, President, Dulles Corridor Rail Association
- Jim Snyder, (retired) Planning Section, Supervisor of Master Planning and Development Planning, Arlington County
- Maryland National Capital Park and Planning, Montgomery County
- Jeff B. Speck, Director of Design, National Endowment for the Arts, and co-author of "Suburban Nation"
- Planned for 7 August Meeting
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Chair, Sully District Council
Land Use and Transportation Committee
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
last modified Friday, 16 June 2006
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes