Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
25 January 2017 Sully District Council Meeting Minutes
by Jeff Parnes, 1st Vice President
- CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order by Council President Mark McConn at 7:00 PM.
- PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
The minutes for the December 2016 Sully District Council are available online.
- MEETING ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Refer to the January 2017 agenda for meeting announcements.
- SULLY DISTRICT COUNCIL TWEETS!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- Transform 66 (PDF) (PPTX) :
- Outside the Beltway
- Inside the Beltway Program Scope
- Tolling during weekdays, peak hours, peak directions
- Eastbound: 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Westbound: 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- HOV2+ toll free in 2017, HOV3+ toll free when Express Lanes open on I-66 outside the Beltway
- All vehicles using the lanes during tolling periods must have an E-ZPass or E-ZPass Flex, if they are HOV, mounted in vehicle
- Multimodal improvements benefiting the I-66 Corridor funded by toll revenue
- Widening of I-66 eastbound between the Dulles Connector Road and Fairfax Drive-Exit 71 (approximately 4 miles)
- Preparing an Environmental Assessment
- Conducting a Noise Analysis to determine locations of noise walls
- Tolling will continue through construction
- Multimodal Components Update
- Commonwealth Transportation Board approved 10 projects totaling $9.8 million in July 2016
- Projects are expected to be operational by the time tolling begins in 2017
- Eastbound Widening Project Schedule
|Revised Environmental Assessment and Federal Highway
|Begin Tolling and Implement Initial Multimodal Projects
|Award Design-Build Contract
|Open New Eastbound Lane
- Resolution on Metro funding:
- Last month the Mount Vernon Council of Citizens Associations (MVCCA) considered a draft resolution designed to request the Commonwealth to secure a permanent funding source in support of Metro. In their discussion they came to the conclusion that the Fairfax Federation would be in a better position to influence the Virginia legislature than the MVCCA.
- Their thoughts on the matter are posted on the Federation's transportation page along with the Federation's transportation committee's comments on the MVCCA proposal.
- Committee members, including several from Sully District, suggested the idea of having multiple civic organizations across the region each submit separate statements on this topic.
- Lewis Grimm, our 2d VP and a member of the Federation's transportation committee, suggested that we discuss this at January meeting.
- A draft of the Federation's resolution is available for consideration and modification.
- It was decided to defer consideration of the resolution to the February meeting of the Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee.
- Membership meeting is 22 February - topic is Development and Redevelopment in Westfields Corporate Park
- David Gill, McGuire Woods, Westfields Business Owners Association Board Member
- Lori R. Greenlief, Akridge Westfields Development
- Susan Yantis, Regency Centers @ Commonwealth Centre (Wegmans)
- The SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee meets jointly with the WFCCA Land Use Committee. The next joint meeting is scheduled for 7 February 2017 at the Sully Government Facility:
On the agenda are:
- 7:00 -- T-Mobile Cellular facility
- 7:40 -- Resolution on Metro funding
- 8:10 -- Commercial Vehicles in Residential Districts ZOA
- 8:40 -- Draft resolution on Metro Funding
Respectively submitted by
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2017 @ SullyDistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes