Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Agenda for 16 November 2016 Sully District Council of Citizens Associations Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizens Associations will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 16 November 2016 in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2016?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
Our Membership topic is Public Safety
We have invited the following organizations and are expecting these attendees:
- Sully Police Station
- From Fair Oaks District Station:
- Captain Chris Marsh, Commander
- MPO R. Wayne Twombly, Crime Prevention Officer
- Virginia State Police, Fairfax
- Sergeant John Hopp
- Neil Johnson, Area Commander
- Fairfax Sheriff's Department
- On-line Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form
- All prospective presenters are requested to complete the On-line form as a condition of their presentation.
Items of General Interest:
- Fairfax County Parkway & Franconia-Springfield Parkway Corridor Study
- Project at a Glance
- Begin Date - August 2014
- Est Completion Date - Early 2017
- Cost - Aprox. $700,000
- About the Project
- The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), in cooperation with the Fairfax County Department of Transportation, is conducting a multimodal corridor study for the Fairfax County and Franconia-Springfield Parkways. The Fairfax County Parkway portion of the study corridor is approximately 31 miles in length, while the Franconia-Springfield Parkway portion is 3.5 miles long. The study is evaluating existing transportation issues and is developing recommendations for short-term multimodal improvements that can be implemented within the next one to ten years.
- Public Information Meetings
- Three public information meetings will be held in November on the following dates:
All meeting times are 7- 9 p.m., with a presentation at 7:15 p.m.
- Monday, November 14, 2016 Fox Mill Elementary School Cafeteria, 2611 Viking Drive, Herndon, VA 20171
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016 Terra Centre Elementary School Cafeteria, 6000 Burke Centre Parkway, Burke, VA 22015
- Monday, November 21, 2016 Island Creek Elementary School Cafeteria, 7855 Morning View Lane, Alexandria, VA 22315
- Public Feedback
- The public may provide comments on the draft short-term study at the public information meetings, or until close of business on Wednesday, December 7, 2016, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: Mr. Abraham Lerner, P.E., Virginia Department of Transportation, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030. Please reference "Fairfax County Parkway & Franconia-Springfield Parkway Corridor Study" in the subject line.
- Project Activities and Schedule
The project is expected to be completed by early 2017 and includes the following activities:
- Traffic/Safety Data Analysis - Spring 2015
- Identify Issues - Spring 2015
- Analysis of Existing Conditions - Fall 2015/Winter 2015-2016
- Identify & Evaluate Improvements - Winter 2015-2016/Spring 2016
- Public Information Meetings - June and November 2016
- Finalize Evaluations/Final Project Documentation - Winter 2016/2017
- June 2016 Public Information Meetings presentations
- Membership: The next Sully District Council meeting will be on the Third Wednesday (Christmas Conflict), 21 December at the Sully Government Facility:
- Topic: Fairfax County Public Schools
- The SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee meets jointly with the WFCCA Land Use Committee. The next joint meeting is scheduled for 6 November at the Sully Government Facility:
- 7:00 -- Riding and Boarding Stable on Bull Run Post Office Rd
- Proponent: Keith Martin representing Stonebridge Investments LLC
- Action: SP 2016-SU-090
- Location: Bull Run Post Office Rd
- From the On-line Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form:
After they made their original presentation at the September meeting of the Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee, they were asked to return
- Exempt: Yes
- Statement Acknowledged: N/A
- Description: SP 2016-SU-090 Stonebridge Investments LLC for a riding and boarding stable. This is an existing riding/boarding stable that was grandfathered, but lost its status when the land area was
reduced for a residential subdivision and some land added to the adjacent winery
7:45 -- COPT SE for additional height at Westfields
- Proponent: G. Evan Pritchard, Senior Land Use Planner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Action: SEA for additional height
- Location: Westfields Office Park
COPT would like an SE to allow a hight of 120 feet. Here is a link to the nearby Aerospace property that was approved for height up to 165' in 2009.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
1st Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2016 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes