- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations, followed by a brief Land Use and Transportation Committee meeting, will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 26 February 2014 in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us in 2013?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- Membership Presentation:
- Membership Topic: Fairfax Forward - Fairfax Center Area Plan
- Tom Merce, Planner, Policy and Plan Development Branch, Planning Division, Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning
- Kimberly M. Rybold, Senior Planner, Policy and Plan Development Branch, Planning Division, Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning
- Meghan Van Dam, Chief, Policy and Plan Development Branch, Planning Division, Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning
- This is a joint meeting of the Sully District Council and the Western Fairfax County Citizens' Association Land Use Committee.
- The Fairfax Forward study of the Fairfax Center Area Plan is currently underway. The study evaluates the Comprehensive Plan for the Fairfax Center Area to verify that factual information is current and that recommendations remain consistent with current policy and practice. The two main phases of the study include examination of:
- The peripheral edges of the study area, designated as Low Density Residential Areas and Suburban Neighborhoods on the Concept for Future Development; and
- The central portion of the study area, designated as the Suburban Center on the Concept for Future Development.
- The areas of Sully District that are within the Fairfax Center Area are being reviewed with the first phase.
- Old Business
- Updates on previously considered Land Use and Transportation issues:
- Assisted Living facility on Centreville Road - report provided by Jonathan D. Puvak, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C
- Smith Packett, a senior housing development company, has hired WM Jordan and Company to construct the Independent and Assisted Living with Memory Care building as well as the Skilled Nursing building. They are a large construction company based in Norfolk, VA, with significant senior housing construction experience. Construction has just commenced and the community should see clearing and grubbing activity in the near term as well as the installation of the erosion and sediment controls. Our arborist, along with the County’s arborist, is overseeing the proper tree save measures during this process. Once the erosion and sediment controls are in place, then the overall grading of the site will commence.
- The buildings should be completed in the 2nd quarter of 2015 if all goes according to plan. We are anxious and look forward to both of these senior housing buildings becoming a part of this community. To that end pre-marketing activities should commence for the independent living this summer and the assisted living in late 2014 or early 2015. Most of the skilled nursing residents will be transferred from the current INOVA Fairfax hospital nursing facility that will close down upon the opening of this new nursing rehabilitation facility.
- Dulles Discovery South - update provided courtesy of Susan Yantis, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C
- Frank McDermott presented the Dulles Discovery South Retail - PCA 2003-SU-035-2/FDPA 2003-SU-035-01-2 concurrent with SE 2013-SU-017 to the Civic Affairs Committee of the Chantilly Highlands Homes Association. The presentation is attached.
- New Business
- Posibility of changing date of March Meeting
- Sully Supervisor Michael Frey and Sully School Board Representative Kathy Smith are hosting a Sully District meeting at Rocky Run Middle School on March 27th. In order to minimize the burden on Staff, Michael has asked whether the council if we would be willing to jointly host the meeting on the 27th and forgo the planned meeting on the 26th.
- We have inquired whether there would be a room for our use at the school so that the Council might hold its follow-on Land Use and Transportation Committee meeting there, and correspondingly have inquired whether the proponent for the Saudi Acadamy would be able to appear on the revised date.
- Items of General Interest:
- Scheduled Meetings/Activities:
- Sully Woodlands Draft Conceptual Development Plans
- The Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) invites citizens to review and comment on the Sully Woodlands Core Park Properties - Draft Conceptual Development Plans.
- A public information/open house meeting will be held on:
- Date: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Bull Run Elementary (cafeteria), 15301 Lee Highway, Centreville, VA
- The draft plans are available for review on the project webpage at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/plandev/sullywoodlands.htm
- For more information, please visit the project website above or contact the Public Information Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-324-8662
- Next Membership Meeting 26 March 2014:
- Membership Topic: Fairfax County and School Budget
- Christina Jackson - Department of Management and Budget, Fairfax County (invited)
- Ellicia Seard - Department of Management and Budget, Fairfax County (invited)
- Kristen Michael - Fairfax County Public Schools (confirmed)
- Land Use and Transportation Committee
- 9:00 - Saudi Academy
- Proponent: Ray Goins, Senior Vice President, Trammell Crow Company
- Action: School and office buildings
- Location: Noth side of McLearen Road between the Eds Drive intersections
See site plan showing the location of the two 15,000 SF two story office buildings (totaling 30,000 SF) along with the Saudi Academy and the entry road
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council