Agenda for 12 September 2005 Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet at 7:30
p.m. in the Sully District Governmental Center meeting room 1, 4900
Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151
- Proponent: Sheri L. Hoy, Land Use Planner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Action: RZ 2005-SU-011 and RZ-2005-SU-013
- Location:Fair Oaks Golf Park property and the WCI/Renaissance property off of Rugby Road
This is a follow-up from the July Meeting
- Old Business (8:00):
- The following proposed spot improvements for Sully were provided to the Transportation Advisory Commission by the Sully TAC representative at the 6 September TAC Meeting based on the committee's recommendations at its February 2005 meeting:
- At the intersection of Stringfellow Road and Rt 50:
Construct right-hand turn lane from northbound Stringfellow Road to eastbound Rt 50 using advance funds from the proposed widening of Stringfellow Rd
- Pleasant Valley Road at the Saint Nirankari Mission:
Improve the curve on Pleasant Valley Road just north of the site of the mission.
- At the intersection of West Ox Road and the Fairfax County Parkway north of I66:
Extend the right hand turn lane on southbound Fairfax County Parkway
Extend the left hand turn lane on both east and west bound directions of West Ox Road or allow left turns from the through lanes
- Lees Corner Road and Thompson Road:
Improve the Northbound sharp right hand turn with extra asphalt
- Sully District Council Development Criteria Checklist
Jim Neighbors, the Sully Station HOA representative to the Sully District Council, developed this Development Criteria Checklist. It has been subsequently modified and posted for the use of the Land Use and Transportation Committee. We encourage suggestions on how to make it a more useful tool. It is not intended to indicate that the issues listed here are the only items of concern to the SDC, but as an aid to the members of the SDC in evaluating a proposal presented before us. At this meeting suggested changes are welcome.
- New Business (8:30):
- Scheduled Meetings:
- Mark your calendars! The seventeenth Green Breakfast will be held on Saturday, September 10--same time, same place, new topic. Here are the details:
- When: Saturday, September 10 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Old Country Buffet Fair City Mall - Route 236 (Main Street) and Pickett Road in Fairfax City
- Program: Natural Resource Management Plan. Approved in January of 2004, the new NRMP has now been in place for a full year. The program will give an overview of the NRMP and report on what it is designed to accomplish, what has been accomplished during the past year, and what is planned for the coming year.
A question-and- answer period will follow the presentations.
- Speakers: Cindy Messinger, Director, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) Resource Management Division
Heather Melchior, FCPA Natural Resource Protection Manager
Charles Smith, FCPA Naturalist III
- Cost: About $7.00, Pay the cashier as you arrive. If a senior, ask for the discount. No reservations are necessary.
- Public Work Sessions to Consider Changes to the Zoning Ordinance Regarding Minimum Yard Requirements (setbacks), Fence/Wall Height, Lot Width and Height Issues
- Staff will conduct a number of Public Work Sessions to take input and answer questions regarding possible changes to the Zoning Ordinance with regard to setbacks, fence/wall height, lot width and height. See the summary table outlining the issues that are being considered for modification. Work Sessions convenient to Sully Residents are listed, with all meetings open to all interested parties. Additional information will be forwarded as it is developed. The county is working on updating the website, Please call with any questions - 703-324-1314.
- September 29, 2005 at 7:00 p.m.
North County Governmental Center
12000 Bowman Towne Drive, Community Room
Reston, VA 20190
- October 6, 2005 at 7:30 p.m.
Fairfax County Government Center, Rooms 9/10
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22035
- Residential Parking Study Project Public Information Session, 7 PM 19 September
Rooms 4 and 5 of the Fairfax County Government Center 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
- Cub Run & Bull Run CAC Meeting on September 20 to discuss the changes/improvements to the
watershed plan as well as the upcoming workshop.
Here's the info for the meeting:
- What: Cub Run & Bull Run CAC Meeting
- Where: Lecture Hall at Westfield High School, 4700 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly, VA
- When: Tuesday, September 20, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Agenda: Discuss changes to plan and plan for the final workshop.
- Misc: Light sandwiches will be provided. Feel free to bring an additional bag dinner as well.
- The next semi-annual clean-up of the Cub Run stream will be held on Saturday, October 1, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Anyone who can donate some time should meet at the Pleasant Valley Recreation Association pool (4347 Cub Run Rd.) at 9 a.m. Supplies will be provided and a safety briefing will be given before we start. The Park Authority will haul away the trash bags when we are done.
Please bring a partner (or a few) since we will be working in groups of at least two or more. Children's groups require one adult for every six minors. The stream is very muddy in places, so please dress appropriately!
Contact Scott Miller by phone (703) 307-1494 or via e-mail if you plan to attend.
** STUDENTS ** THIS COUNTS TOWARDS COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS!!
- Cub Run Final Plan Workshop on October 25
Planned for 3 October Meeting
- Proponent: Jeff Saxe for Sully North Investments
- Action: SE to allow increase in building height and Rezoning
- Location:South side of Wall Road 800 feet west of Centreville Road
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Chair, Sully District Council
Land Use and Transportation Committee
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
last modified Friday, 9 September 2005
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes