Agenda for 11 July 2005 Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet at 7:30
p.m. in the Sully District Governmental Center meeting room 1, 4900
Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151
- Proponent: David Lensing, volunteer president of Potomac
Inline Hockey, a not-for-profit inline hockey organization based in Chantilly.
- Action: special use permit to relocate their current operations
- Location: Currently near the Planet Splash & Play facility, located off Rte 28, to a location south of Dulles Airport and North of Rt 50
The relocation will require a special use permit from the Fairfax County Board of Zoning Appeals. They would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the plans with the Land Use and Transportation Committee for our perspective and advice.
- Proponent: Sheri L. Hoy, Land Use Planner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Action: RZ 2005-SU-011 and RZ-2005-SU-013
- Location:Fair Oaks Golf Park property and the WCI/Renaissance property off of Rugby Road
In May, WCI/Renaissance presented its applications to the Sully District Council for the Fair Oaks Golf Park property (RZ-2005-SU-013) and its property off of Rugby Road (RZ 2005-SU-011).
They are scheduled to go to hearing September 28, and have, at this point, resubmitted their applications in response to Pre-Staffing Comments
- Old Business (9:00):
- Fairfax County Department of Transportation List of Potential Sully Spot Improvements
The linked page is a List of potential Spot Improvements for Sully generated by the Fairfax County Department of Transportation. Please compare these to those that the committee recommended in February 2005.
- New Business (9:30):
- Sully District Council Development Criteria Checklist
Jim Neighbors, the Sully Station HOA representative to the Sully District Council, developed this Development Criteria Checklist. It has been subsequently modified and posted for the use of the Land Use and Transportation Committee. We encourage suggestions on how to make it a more useful tool. It is not intended to indicate that the issues listed here are the only items of concern to the SDC, but as an aid to the members of the SDC in evaluating a proposal presented before us. At this meeting suggested changes are welcome.
- Scheduled Meetings:
- The Fairfax County Department of Transportation is holding two technical workshops on travel demand forecasting, an important component of the Transportation Plan Update. The purpose of the workshops is to review the results of the travel demand forecasting and to discuss additional transportation network alternatives to test, which could be incorporated into the revision of the County’s Transportation Plan.
- Subsequent to the workshops, a series of public meetings are planned for September 2005 to review the preliminary draft of the revised Transportation Plan.
- Both workshops will present the same materials and will be held at the County Government Center at 12000 Government Center Parkway Fairfax, VA 22035.
- Saturday, July 16, 2005, 9:30 a.m., Conference rooms 9 & 10
- Wednesday, July 20, 2005, 7:30 p.m., Conference rooms 4 & 5
- Everyone is welcome to attend these workshops. Please contact Stacie Cayci if you need directions to the government center or any additional information.
- PLANNING WORKSHOP SERIES For the Sully Woodlands Regional Master Plan At Rocky Run Middle School Cafeteria
- The Park Authority is proposing to plan approximately 4,000 acres of parkland in the Cub Run and Bull Run Watersheds. The Sully Woodlands
Regional Master Plan will address approximately 2,150 acres of recently acquired park property in the western portion of the county, in addition
to 2,250 acres of existing parkland including Ellanor C. Lawrence, Cub Run Stream Valley, and Richard W. Jones Park. The majority of the
properties are in the Sully Supervisory District with a few properties in the Springfield Supervisory District.
- In order to obtain your input on issues, opportunities, and ideas on how the park may be developed and managed, there will be three planning
workshops focused on specific topics. All meetings will be held at 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria of Rocky Run Middle School, 4400 Stringfellow
Road, Chantilly, Virginia.
- Monday, July 11, 2005 Natural and Cultural Resources
- Tuesday, July 19, 2005 Recreation
- Tuesday, July 26, 2005 Trails
- Although this is not the only opportunity for citizens to present their views on this master plan, individuals or organizations receiving this
flier are urged to attend. For persons with hearing impairments, sign language interpreter services are available upon request. Please call
703-324-8563 or 703-324-3988 TTY at least one week before the meeting.
- Comments will be accepted at the meeting or can be mailed to Angie Allen, Project Manager, Planning & Development Division, Fairfax County
Park Authority, 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 421, Fairfax, VA 22035. e-mail comments should be sent to: email@example.com.
The input from this meeting will help us develop the draft planning documents. Those responding to this meeting will be notified of all
subsequent meetings concerning this project. Complete project information and updates are available online at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/sullywoodlandsplanning.htm
- Planned for 1 August Meeting
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Chair, Sully District Council
Land Use and Transportation Committee
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
last modified Wednesday, 6 July 2005
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes