Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Agenda for 20 August 2018 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Joint Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 20 August 2018 in the Sully District Governmental Center Rear Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. This meeting conducted with participation by members of both the Land Use and Transportation committees of the SDCCA and WFCCA. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2018?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
During the summer months the SDC does not hold Membership Meetings
The Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet on 16 July
- In light of an amendment to the Code of Virginia, the county has provided us with a statement be to read when our land use committee meets with a prospective applicant for a rezoning or proffer condition amendment (PCA) for new residential development and/or new residential use in areas of the County that are not exempt from Virginia Code Section 15.2-2303.4. It is recommended that if our committee is meeting with more than one applicant to read this statement for each rezoning/PCA.
- All times estimates are provided as a courtesy, presentations will start after the completion of the proceeding presentation, however long it takes. Recommend that presenters be ready at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Prospective presenters are requested to register on the Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form as a condition of their presentation.
- 7:00 -- Montessori Mansion (SE 2014-SU-042)
7:40 -- Sully Community Center (FDPA 2006-SU-007-03)
- Proponent: Naima Dar
- Proposal: Special Exception to increase the number of children from seven to twelve
- Location: 14018 Rose Lodge Place, Chantilly, VA 20151
Details: Naima Dar has been operating her home daycare with 7 children for almost a year and a half. She has been contacted by an increasing amount of parents interested in finding a safe and personal daycare for their toddlers and infants. She would like to increase the number of children from seven to twelve as it is a legal, feasible and safe limit. The location is 14018 Rose Lodge Place, Chantilly, VA 20151
8:20 -- Izaak Walton (SEA 97-Y-050)
- Proponent: Hanna Chang, RA, LEED AP, Project Manager, Building Design Branch, Building Design and Construction Division, DPWES, Fairfax County
- Proposal: Construction of Sully Community Center
- Location: Northwest corner of Air & Space Museum Parkway and Wall Road (next to the existing Sully Highlands Park)
Details: Members of the Building Design and Construction Division, DPWES, Capital Facilities will be coming out to provide a briefing on the Sully Community Center project. The project would result in the construction of a community facility on a 5-acre parcel of land donated as part of PCA/FDPA 2006-SU-007-2 on October 20, 2015. The proposed facility will be sited next to the existing Sully Highlands Park and will complement the existing services and uses ongoing at the park facility, while providing additional services and space for Sully District community members.
The Sully Community Center will be a 30000 square foot building. Daniel Creed will be staff coordinator. The contact person for the applicant is Allison Terzighi, 703-324-5165
Please see attached presentation.
9:00 -- Sully Station Shopping Center/Dulles Suburban Center Boundary Change Plan Amendment (PA 2018-III-BR1)
- Proponent: Thomas Ciarula, President, Arlington-Fairfax IWLA
- Proposal: Special Exception Amendment (SEA) to permit the phasing of site modifications
- Location: 14708 Mount Olive Road
Details: The applicant is filing a special exception amendment (SEA) to permit the phasing of site modifications at the existing Izaak Walton facility (14708 Mount Olive Road). Phase I of the proposal would permit the existing structures depicted on the plat while also enabling the construction of a 60-space gravel parking lot. Phase II would permit the future construction of an indoor education and training facility; two additions to existing facilities; and additional parking spaces as well as detached pavilions.
Please see attached presentation.
- Proponent: Roger Dindyal, Planner II, Department of Planning & Zoning, Policy & Plan Development Branch, Fairfax County
- Proposal: 2018-III-BR1 -- Dulles Suburban Center
- Location: Sully Station Shopping Center
Details: As a result of the Dulles Suburban Center study, it was recommended to add the Sully Station Shopping Center to the Dulles Suburban Center. This Plan amendment goes to the Fairfax County Planning Commission on September 13th.
Items of General Interest:
Next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training for County Residents
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area. CERT trains county residents in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
- The CERT training classes below follows the FEMA curriculum, tailored to local disasters and hazards. Educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Emphasis on hands-on skill development and Fairfax County protocols and procedures. Instructor will provide syllabus with class schedule at first session. This training does not require any special physical strength or agility.
- For more information and to register for the next class at the Fire and Rescue Academy, please click on this link CERT 140 at the Fire and Rescue Academy, Monday and Wednesday -- Aug 27, 29, September 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 26
- The next Sully District Council meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 26 September 2018. Topic - The Sully District Council is Co-sponsoring a Transportation Summit with Delegate Karrie Delaney and Sully Supervisor Kathy Smith
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 17 September 2018.
No items are currently on the agenda
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Land Use and Transportation Committee Chair
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2017 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes