Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Agenda for 16 July 2018 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Joint Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 16 July 2018 in the Sully District Governmental Center Rear Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. This meeting conducted with participation by members of both the Land Use and Transportation committees of the SDCCA and WFCCA. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2018?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
During the summer months the SDC does not hold Membership Meetings
The Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet on 16 July
- In light of an amendment to the Code of Virginia, the county has provided us with a statement be to read when our land use committee meets with a prospective applicant for a rezoning or proffer condition amendment (PCA) for new residential development and/or new residential use in areas of the County that are not exempt from Virginia Code Section 15.2-2303.4. It is recommended that if our committee is meeting with more than one applicant to read this statement for each rezoning/PCA.
- All times estimates are provided as a courtesy, presentations will start after the completion of the proceeding presentation, however long it takes. Recommend that presenters be ready at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Prospective presenters are requested to register on the Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form as a condition of their presentation.
- 7:00 -- PDH 12 behind Pender Shopping Center
- Proponent: Andrew A. Painter, Walsh Colucci (agent for K. Hovnanian Homes at Pender Oaks, LLC)
- Proposal: Planned Development Housing – 12 (PDH-12) zoning district to permit the construction of 219 residential dwelling units
- Location: 3901 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22033 (Tax Map #46-3 ((1)) 15A1 & 15C).
Details: The Applicant is seeking a rezoning to the Planned Development Housing – 12 (“PDH-12”) zoning district to permit the construction of 219 residential dwelling units, containing up to 91 townhomes, 56 two-over-two stacked townhomes, and 72 multifamily condominium flats. The density of the proposed project is 12.12 dwelling units per acre. The proposed community will be located behind the existing Pender Shopping Center and will provide a transition from the Fair Oaks Estates community to the north and the Alder Woods community to the west. Substantial buffering and tree save areas are provided on the property’s northern and western boundaries. The scale and architectural treatment of proposed residential units will provide a high-quality logical and complementary transition to the commercial uses in the adjacent Pender Shopping Center. The Applicant will provide 19 Affordable Dwelling Units (“ADUs”) and eight Workforce Dwelling Units (“WDUs”). An approximately 17,400-s.f. courtyard will serve as a focal point between the Multifamily Buildings and will include landscaping and hardscape elements, bench seating, and areas for small group social gatherings. A central green is also proposed which will include a tot lot, swimming pool and bathhouse, and open play lawn. These activity nodes will include a variety of seating opportunities ranging from unique and fun urban furniture, to playground equipment, and fitness station uses to expand exercise options. They will be linked with the existing shopping center and proposed residential buildings via a coordinated pathway system.
The two parcels of record comprise approximately 18.07 acres in aggregate located on the north side of Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway (Route 50), and west of Fair Ridge Drive (Route 7960), directly north of the Pender Shopping Center.
Items of General Interest:
Next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151.
- The next Sully District Council meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 26 September 2018. Topic - Congressional Candidates Forum jointly sponsored with the League of Woman Voters of the Fairfax Area
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 20 August 2018.
- Montessori Mansion
Naima Dar has been operating her home daycare with 7 children for almost a year and a half. She has been contacted by an increasing amount of parents interested in finding a safe and personal daycare for their toddlers and infants. She would like to increase the number of children from seven to twelve as it is a legal, feasible and safe limit. The location is 14018 Rose Lodge Place, Chantilly, VA 20151
- Sully Community Center
Members of the Building Design and Construction Division, DPWES, Capital Facilities will be coming out to provide a briefing on the Sully Community Center project. The project would result in the construction of a community facility on a 5-acre parcel of land donated as part of PCA/FDPA 2006-SU-007-2 on October 20, 2015. The proposed facility will be sited next to the existing Sully Highlands Park and will complement the existing services and uses ongoing at the park facility, while providing additional services and space for Sully District community members.
- Izaak Walton
The applicant is filing a special exception amendment (SEA) to permit the phasing of site modifications at the existing Izaak Walton facility (14708 Mount Olive Road). Phase I of the proposal would permit the existing structures depicted on the plat while also enabling the construction of a 60-space gravel parking lot. Phase II would permit the future construction of an indoor education and training facility; two additions to existing facilities; and additional parking spaces as well as detached pavilions.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Land Use and Transportation Committee Chair
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2017 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes