Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Notes from the 5 December 2017 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee
by Jeff Parnes, Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Chair
- Sully District Council of Citizen Associations representatives:
Albert Francese, Little Rocky Run
Lewis Grimm, 2nd Vice President, Franklin Farm
Jim Neighbors, Secretary, Sully Station I
Jeff Parnes, 1st Vice President, Chantilly Highlands
- Western Fairfax County Citizen Association members:
Ted Troscianecki, Virginia Run
- CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order by Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee co-chair Jeff Parnes at 7:00 PM.
- PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
Notes from the 7 November 2017 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee are available online.
- MEETING ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Refer to the December Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee agenda for meeting announcements.
- SULLY DISTRICT COUNCIL TWEETS!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
There will be no December meeting of the Sully District Council, see you in January.
LAND USE AND TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE:
- Although Dunkin Donuts (SE 2017-SU-008) was scheduled for 7PM, the proponent could not make the meeting and the proposal will be herd at some other time.
- At-large Planning Commissioner Jim Hart reported that:
- Arden Court project was withdrawn. This was heard in July by the Joint Sully Land Use Committee.
- Centerville self-storage postponed due to outstanding issues. This was heard in November 2017 by the Joint Sully Land Use Committee.
- Archery facility approved. This was heard in November 2017 by the Joint Sully Land Use Committee.
- Play facility should be approved soon. This was heard in November 2017 by the Joint Sully Land Use Committee.
Next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151.
- 7:00 -- -- DSC Advisory Group final Recommendations
- Proponent: Clara Johnson, Planning Division, Policy and Plan Development Branch, Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning
- Action: DSC Advisory Group final recommendations
- Location: Dulles Suburban Center
The DSC Advisory Group is making final recommendations. Staff would like to have the opportunity to present at a Sully District meeting. In early January we would not have a published staff report. but would come back in February with the final recommendations
- Submissions DSC-E4-1 (Pohanka) and DSC-J-1 (Commonwealth Centre) have been adopted. Visit their individual pages for further information.
- Public hearings for Submissions DSC-D1-1 (Middleton Farms) and DSC-D1-2 (Jackson Property) have been scheduled for:
- Planning Commission: Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:30 P.M.
- Board of Supervisors: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 4:00 P.M.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 7:45 p.m.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Land Use and Transportation Committee Chair
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2018 @ SullyDistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes